Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Reading Challenge

I co-moderate a book group on Yahoo called ontheporchswing. We are currently just starting our first reading challenge. Whoever wants to join in has a year to read 5 books with specific words in their titles. The words are: house,home, or cottage; brother, sister, or family; a color in the title or in the author's name; some type of water in the title - e.g. ocean, lake, river, etc.; and a person's name.

The books I've chosen for my challenge are:

Blue Water
The Perfect Elizabeth - A Tale of Two Sisters
Home Away From Home
Cranberry Queen
Sophie and the Rising Sun

No pressure - just read the books, talk about them if we like - encourage each other!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

This sounds like a fun challenge. I'm going to have to think about this for a few days and come up with my list of books :)
Joanne

Susan in SC said...

What a fun way to pick books! ~Susan in SC

Unknown said...

I love this idea! I think I just might have to go and look for some books that fit, too.

Jackie