I feel terrible not posting anything, but I've just been in one of those
sort of "out of it" modes - LOL! Let's see... what I've been up to:
1. Reading tons of books at the same time
2. Knitting some dishcloths for my sister as Christmas gifts
3. Stitching on various designs
4. Getting out for my walk each day (well, almost each day)
5. Volunteering for two hours each Tuesday at the library where I used to work
6. Suffering through two days of 100 degree heat with a broken air conditioner! Thank goodness it was fixed quickly! Not quick enough for me, but quicker than I thought it would be!
7. Enjoying the new season of some of the shows I like - White Collar; Memphis Beat, The Glades... and looking forward to more that will be starting soon... The Closer; Rizzoli & Isles; Royal Pains
8. Writing - or trying to write - a children's book. My plan is to self publish it via B & N and the NOOK.... Have to finish it first though!
I will get some pictures on here soon of my stitching and my dishcloths. Since my sister doesn't have a computer, I don't have to worry about her seeing anything!
Friday, June 3, 2011
I've been "retired" for a week now. I'm slowly getting used to it. I keep forgetting that I don't have to go to work! I still find myself getting that "rushing around" feeling - like I have to hurry up and get things done before I go to work - or after I get home. Then I remember... I can sloooowww down - LOL! Here is how my husband and I spent the day. We went to Great Falls and just stood above them and watched the rushing water and felt the cooling breeze. We even saw Great Blue Herons flying around. Some of the younger ones were down near the water - sitting on little rocks - trying to catch the fish as they splashed by! I was going to try and get a picture of them - but since the herons were almost the same color as the rocks and the water, I don't think they would have shown up. But it was fun to watch them! We walked around a bit more (we've been to Great Falls many times over our years of living here), so it was just refreshing our memories.... And then we stopped for lunch. And then we dropped by B & N so I could pick up some books I ordered. Now, I need a nap!