Sunday, January 20, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside!

It snowed on Thursday, started to melt on Friday, which made it messy for doing errands. So of course I had to stop at the bookstore and get some hot chocolate at Starbucks to make everything all better!

Today is a chilly Sunday and a good day for just staying in. I've got a few house chores accomplished, read the Sunday paper, colored my hair (again!). Now I'm going through some emails while sipping a hot cup of International Cafe Francaise Coffee with a bit of cocoa and decaf coffee thrown in to punch it up!
My husband is starting on another puzzle. I'll let him get all the sorting, and the border parts done and then join in!

I've got a chicken with some vegetables cooking in the crockpot. Later, all I will have to do is fix some brown rice to go along with it. The leftovers will make some yummy sandwiches and salads for later in the week. Here is the recipe for the chicken:

Chicken in a Pot

One three pound chicken, whole or cut up (I use whole)
2 carrots, sliced
2 onions, sliced
2 celery stalks, cut into 1 inch pieces (just eyeball it - no need to get out the ruler!)
a bit of salt and pepper and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of basil
1 cup of water or chicken broth or white wine - ( I use chicken broth)

Put carrots, onions, and celery in bottom of crockpot. Add whole chicken or chicken pieces. Top with salt, pepper, and liquid of your choice. Sprinkle basil over the top. Cook on low for 7 to 10 hours - or on high for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours

I cut up all the vegetables yesterday, so this morning at 9:00 A.M., I just threw everything in the pot and switched it to low. Should be ready to eat around 5:30.

3 comments:

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Yum- that recipe sounds great. I'll surely have to try it out!!
Tanya

Aunt Kathy said...

Linda that recipe sounds delicious. I may just have to try it out, it's cold here in NY too

Susan in SC said...

sounds delicious - think I will make this today for me! Susan in SC