Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Seven Things About Me....

1. I have one older sister and two younger brothers. The youngest brother and I were born two days apart - well, and eleven years in between. He used to call me La La when he was little - he couldn't pronounce Linda....

2. I usually have 12 or more books started at the same time....

3. Besides reading, I love to cross-stitch and I also enjoy knitting. And of course, yes, I usually have many cross-stitch projects started.... well, only about 20 or so....

4. I moved from Ohio to Virginia in 1974. I've basically been homesick ever since....

5. When I was in high school, I used to work at Kresges. I think I only stayed there a year or so - part-time of course. I had to always make sure my schoolwork was done. That was a condition of working there (per my parents). When I first started, I worked behind the candy counter. And then I was promoted to work on the cash register - taking care of the customers who were buying items... I actually had a customer teach me how to "count back the money". Remember when they used to do that - not anymore these days - it just gets plopped right into your hand!

6. I once hugged a total stranger (his girlfriend was not too pleased). The reason - - I was at a haunted house and a mummy was trying to "get me". So I wanted this total stranger to save me! And he did - LOL!

7. One year, while driving over 500 miles to Ohio - to visit with my family, I was stung by a bee that flew in my window....I was out in the middle of the mountains - 80 miles from a town....

No comments: