Saturday, March 1, 2008

Book Spotlight....


I'm on Page 85 of this book and am really really liking it. I read this author's non-fiction book years ago. It is called "The Victoria's Secret Catalog Never Stops Coming: And Other Lessons I Learned from Breast Cancer. This book "The Last Beach Bungalow" is her first fiction book. She has written two other non-fiction ones.
First line: There's something oddly comforting about doctors' waiting rooms.
After five years cancer-free, April Newton should be celebrating, but instead she's restless. She feels her husband slipping away, and though the spectacular, stylish house he's building for her should be a fresh start, April finds herself wanting something more. As their move-in date approaches, she becomes obsessed with winning the right to buy the last bungalow in Redondo Beach, convinced that the quirky, lived-in little house represents everything she is missing in her life - comfort, completeness, survival. And though her quest for the bungalow wll take some surprising twists, it may put back together the pieces of her heart....

2 comments:

Les said...

This sounds like a good book, Linda! I'll be interested in your final thoughts.

Linda said...

Les,

It is really really good - to me anyway. I'm reading it slower and slower because I hate to see it end!

Linda