Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I've Got The Blues....

and not the macaroni and cheese kind - LOL! On Monday morning before work, my computer was working, altho it had not been sounding or acting right for a week or so. Thought it was my imagination, but it was not to be. When I came home from work on Monday afternoon, my computer would not turn on. We took it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy and they said start writing the obit - this thing is dead. Since it would have cost too much to fix it, we are replacing it. We called and ordered just the computer from Dell (no monitor). After thinking about it for a couple of hours, we realized we could get a better deal in a local store, and get it much faster. We called Dell immediately and left a message. The next day we tried again - left another message. They called us back around 9 A.M. our time and said we could not cancel - it was being processed. However, get this - we are not getting it until June 17th - after being told at first June 11th. But they cannot cancel it??!! So I called Customer Care (what a laugh that is) and asked to speak to a Supervisor. I was told they were all busy. I insisted and he said hold on. I told him not to cut me off. And guess what.... yep, he cut me off. I'll tell you, if you are thinking about buying from Dell - forget it! I've heard some more horror stories about some things that have happened from other people who have done this - wish this had been BEFORE I ordered! I'll tell you one thing, I'll never order from them again!

So long story short, I'm using a very very old computer, but it is better than none. When I need to print, I have to use my husband's laptop here at home. But I can only use it when he is here as he is not allowed to give me the password. Grrrrr..... Not sure how I'll put a picture on my blog if I want to - I'll have to check with him tonight on that.

I miss my old computer sooo much!! I've got the bluuuuuessss.....

2 comments:

Siobhán said...

I hear you on the computer blues!! Last week our computer died. I spent 3 hours on the phone with Dell support in India, and they weren't able to help. In the end, I took it to a local guy, who said the hard drive died, and he is replacing it with a faster drive. I was supposed to have it back today but no luck. I'm using my daughter's laptop, which she is NOT happy about, and we have ordered a new laptop from Dell. I love computers--when they work. AGH!!!!!

Susan in SC said...

Hope you get a new computer soon. It's hard to be without a computer.

Hugs,
Susan