Friday, July 29, 2016

Random Ramblings...

After days and days of incessant sun beating down, it was nice to see some clouds yesterday!  And then a bit of blessed rain.  It was still hot, but the sun was gone for a bit. However, it is back today!  Constant sun drives me a bit looney!

July 22nd was my Dad's 90th birthday!  I wish I could have made it back to Ohio to spend it with him, but I couldn't... However, I did get to skype a bit with him!
Also got to "talk" a bit with my Mom. She has dementia and cannot sustain a conversation, but I still got to hear and see her. At first she thought I was her Grandma...  then when they said it was Linda, she sat there looking at me really hard and then said "I Love You"... I later broke down and cried.  For that little moment, she knew it was me...and it brought me some peace.

I wish someone could explain to me, why it bugs me so much when I go to Barnes and Noble, and people line up the wrong way to go through the check-out line!

We lost our power for a little bit a week or so ago.  So we went up to wander around the mall and stop for a cold drink.  On the way home, there was half of a rainbow!  Haven't seen a rainbow in awhile, so I was thrilled...




2 comments:

Paula said...

We saw a rainbow last week. There is just something so hopeful about seeing them. I am glad you got to talk to your mom and dad. Such peace knowing that for a bit she knew who you were. Are you recording these conversations. The one thing I wish I had of Richard was more videos. I only recorded a small (Like seconds) of him talking! What was I thinking??

karen said...

happy birthday to your dad! I don't know why people are challenged by lining up in places, it's just not barnes and noble, it's everywhere!!