Monday, July 11, 2016

"M" is for...

magazines....

I buy a lot of magazines! Altho I must say, I go through phases...
sometimes buying more...sometimes buying less...  Right now, we are in the "buy more" phase!

I love to read gardening magazines - even though I do not garden...

I love to read magazines about rug hooking and quilting and handweaving...even though I do none of those things...

I love to read books about flea market finds and turning them into something else.  Even though I don't do that - well maybe go to antique stores and flea markets - but I never turn anything I buy into anything else...

I love Country Living magazine - especially the British one...  Period Living is another one I enjoy...

I love to read Where Women Create and Where Women Cook...

And of course, there are the other ones I like to read from time to time - like Oprah, Martha Stewart Living, and People...

I had a lady ask me once - can you really read magazines about things you don't ever do - like gardening and quilting? I said - but of course!  She said, thank you...I am going to do just that! Because like me, she enjoys reading about people who do those things - even if we don't do them ourselves - LOL!

2 comments:

kathy b said...

I LOVE taking a big bunch of magazines out of the library or dowloading them from the LIbrary to read.
GLossy pages. take me away

Paula said...

I no longer buy magazines. I get Better Homes and Gardens as a gift and I will occasionally read one on my Nook. Usually home lifestyle magazines. But I never buy them anymore!