Tuesday, July 19, 2016

"N" is for...

many things...

notes.... I'm a big note maker (list maker, what have you). Most of the time, they keep me on track and keep me sane. If it is down on paper, it cannot be forgotten.  I may not get to things on my notes for days or weeks (or months)...but I still feel calmer knowing that it is written down and will be taken care of eventually. Sometimes, however, all my notes drive me almost crazy!

NASCAR....I'm a big fan of NASCAR.  Became one after I married and moved to Virginia. Somehow my husband and I started to watch and the rest is history.  My favorite driver was Dale Earnhardt Senior.  After he was killed, I just didn't want to watch the races anymore.  I eventually got back into it, but my heart wasn't (and still isn't) totally "there"....   Now I have various drivers that I like... and cheer for... but none that will ever catch me up the way he did.

Newpaper....  I still subscribe to the newspaper - 7 days a week, it is delivered to my paper box....  I sit down every morning and read it.  My favorite is the weekend Sunday edition with all the extras that are there....  I read the paper before going to work (when I was working) - I just did it faster and earlier.  My favorite sections are the FOOD section on Wednesdays, the Health Section on Tuesdays, and the Travel section on Sundays.    There have been some mornings when the paper didn't show up (and I got it late). My mornings always felt a bit unsettled during those times....  I know, I'm odd - LOL!

2 comments:

Paula said...

I am a huge note maker too. I think that is why I have been bitten by the Planner bug. I can get it all into my planner. My brother is a huge NASCAR fan. I used to go to the stock car races in my hometown when I was younger. Then I seemed to have just lost interest. I quit subscribing to the newspaper after Richard died. I have to cut costs and that was one that got cut. It just isn't the same getting the news on the Internet.

Caffeine Girl said...

I don't think you are odd at all! While I don't get the NASCAR thing, I do subscribe to the NY Times. I feel the way you do about notes but I don't get down as many things as I'd like to.