Monday, May 16, 2016

"E" Is For...

earrings..... 

I love earrings! I've always loved them.  One of the things I missed when I quit working in my office - was not being able to wear all my pretty ones.  They were just too dressy for my part-time job at the library - shelving books...  So I just mainly wore the same ones each day - just small hoops - ones that I wouldn't be too upset over if they fell off without me noticing it and got lost somewhere in the building...  I actually lost the sapphire out of my ring one day and never did find it! 

I won't even tell you how many earrings I used to have - but let me just say it was in the hundreds... Yes, the hundreds.  I went through a dislike of my body image years ago - and I never felt like shopping for clothes.  My statement was - earrings are the one thing I knew would fit - LOL! So I kept buying them and buying them.  I gave a bunch away to various people - I threw out some that were broken, or where I'd lost one of them. I still have tons left - don't worry - ha!  I still, because I'm not working at all now - wear only certain pairs each time I go somewhere.  But that doesn't keep me from still looking at them or buying them from time to time!!  That love will never go away.

My other "E" is for Ehrhardt. That is my maiden name.   I can still remember - whenever I had to give someone my name and address - going through the same refrain - E h r h a r d t - and I live at W i n n e b a g o Drive....  When I married the first time - my last name became Michels - pronounced like Michaels.  So again - spelling it out each time I had to tell someone my name.  And then when I married the second time, my name became Huson.  Again - spelling it out...  I get called Hudson, Huston, even Hufon!  I think the next time I get married, I'll pick an easier name (just kidding)...

1 comment:

Paula said...

I love earrings too. I don't wear any now! My granddaughters cleaned out my collection. So I still get to see them! I love how you have always had to spell your name. I do too. Even though it is so simple. I am loving your A to Z challenge.