The challenge for the ten on Tuesday this week is to list ten things we wish we could learn instantly. I thought I would have problems with this, but I jotted them all down in a matter of - well...an instant!
1. How to sew - not so much to make clothes - but to make pillows and carryall bags, curtains, etc. etc... just small items for personal and home use.
2. How to knit socks on circular needles (heck, on any needles)! Even though I don't wear socks often, I know I would enjoy knitting them over and over....
3. How to speak French. My dream one day (if I can get over my fear of flying that is) is to go to France.... Speaking French would be a bonus - plus I just love the language - so even just speaking it here would be fun!
4. How to crochet. For one thing, some of the items I would like to knit - call for crochet borders. So I just don't knit them. And that is a loss. I would also like to crochet other things - bags, baby items.... So this skill would come in handy.
5. How to decorate cakes - no real reason - just for fun again.... something I would find soothing and enjoyable - especially in times of stress..
6. How to bake all kinds of breads - yum!
7. How to paint pictures - especially water colors. I've tried my hand at watercolor pencils here and there - but to be able to actually paint on a canvas - ahhhh....bliss.
8. Lace tatting. I've always been fascinated by this. It looks quite hard to me though! But if I learned, it would become a craft I would practice often.
9. To spin yarn on a spinning wheel! Oh my I want to learn this. I'm thinking about taking a class at some point - but starting off on a spindle.
10. To weave on a loom! This is another art that I so want to do. I read magazines about it (and spinning) - but that is as close as I've come so far.