Sunday, October 12, 2014

Comfort Reads....

 
 

Every year in October (for a long time now), I have started a re-read of this book, Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher.  October also happens to be the month that the story begins.  I pick up the book from time to time - reading a chapter or two (I almost know it by heart by now)!  I usually finish up my re-read in January - about the time this story ends....  I can't explain why I love it so much - I just do. It is one of my great "comfort reads" and perfect for cozying up in a comfy chair with!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Rosamund Pilcher's books. I saved most of them so that I can enjoy them in later years (soon to come). I especially liked "The Shellseekers" and "September".

Susan in SC said...

I have never read any of her books. Maybe I will start with this one!

Anonymous said...

I too love Rosamund Pilcher. Her book The Shellseekers is my all time favorite. I think I will re-read it.
Carol

Nan said...

I love it, too, but I only wish the first part didn't happen. It is so terrible that I have trouble getting past it. Love the rest of the book, but I think RP might have had his trouble be not quite so bad. Sounds like I am entirely too involved with fictional people, doesn't it? :<)))