Thursday, March 12, 2009

Such a Little Thing....

This looks like a tiny shadow box, with a few little items displayed in it. But ahhh, this little box holds much much more. It holds tons of memories of the first time Barb came from Ohio (my home state) to visit me here in Virginia. Barb, who is the mother of one of my nieces, is also my best friend in the world. When she came for this first visit, we went shopping to my favorite town of Occoquan. We went two days in a row, and had so much fun! We went crazy taking pictures of things we wanted to try and make one day. We still laugh over the fact that we never made any of them! However, we both did make these shadowboxes while she was here. We made them exactly the same. She took hers home to hang in her house, and I have had mine hanging in my kitchen - for almost 15 years now. And every time I look at it, all those good memories come back and I smile. And get a bit teary eyed too because I wish we could be together on a daily basis - shopping, chatting, doing our crafts! One day it will happen - I just know it!

2 comments:

stitchersanon said...

It is a lovely shadow box. A frindship that strong and that long is a precious thing indeed.

Susan in SC said...

What a cute picture Linda! I love to see things that I shared with a friend. It does bring back such good memories!