Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hello, my name is Linda and I'm a....

coffee cup addict! For the past two years, I've not been able to walk into a Starbucks without buying a coffee cup - well, at least once a week or so anyway! This past three months, I put myself on a cup-diet.... I was not allowed to buy them - I was not allowed to even look at them! Every once in awhile, my eyes would start to stray and I would yell out - no no - look away - look away woman! Sometimes I couldn't help myself - I would have to go over to the shelves and look (and fondle) them. But I did not let myself buy them - oh no, not for three months. Then I saw this little charmer and I was lost. It kept calling out - buy me Linda - take me home with you - you need me, you love me, you want me.... And I folded! Now, let's see how long I can go without buying another one! People buying them for me does not count - that is allowed.....

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I know how hard a cup diet (for me a stash diet) is. Breaking it every once in a while helps keep you going again. When you feel the urge, you just get this cup out and think how you bought this one to help your diet stay on track. Good luck.

Hugs ~
Heidi

P.S. ~ The word verification for this comment is comas. Does that mean we need to be in a coma to resist temptation??? :-)