Thursday, August 25, 2016

OTN...

I'm close to finishing my gradient scarf.  It is done the long way - so 400 stitches I have to knit each row - aghhhh! Therefore, I only do about one row each time I pick it up - so have been knitting on it for awhile. Very simple pattern - just knitting so many rows with each color - making an eyelet row - and then switching to the next color. The gradient kit came with 5 colors - but I'm leaving out the last one - which is a yellow shade.  One reason - I just don't want to add it in with these other colors for some reason - and another, I'm so over wanting to have this scarf done - LOL!  I will use it in some other project one day. I have another gradient kit which is variations of grays. So I thought the yellow with that would add a nice pop. I just have to find the right project for it all!


3 comments:

kathy b said...

I love the colors melding into one another. That's a ton of stitches

Lorita said...

I like working with gradient projects, too. And I agree that yellow doesn't seem right with these colors. I like the idea of using the yellow with the greys, and I like having an eyelet row just before adding the next color. Would love to see you wearing this once it is finished.

Paula said...

Very pretty!!