Tuesday, August 9, 2016

OTN....





I recently started a pattern called "Kallara" (on Ravelry).  There are quite a number of patterns out there that resemble this one (altho there are differences of course)....  I love a lot of those other patterns, however, they just seem soooo huge!  So when I saw this one - I clicked the "buy button" very quickly. It is easy to do and I think you could change it around a bit - and do the stripes 4 rows per color, rather than 2 per color.  Which I may do when I knit this again.  You have to keep marking the center stitch, which gets a bit fiddly - but less so as the rows get longer. Granted, you could do away with the marker. I tried that a few times, but since I have a tendency to veg out when I'm knitting (either because I get caught up in a tv show - or my thoughts), I was afraid I would just keep knitting right past where I'm supposed to do the center stitches!  When I bought this pattern, I wanted to start on it right away - so just grabbed two yarns I had here - a blueish gray and a red (not the colors I would have chosen).. but I'm actually liking it quite a bit.

This book is the first in a series I heard mentioned on the book group I run online.  I love it!  I've already bought the next book in the series and will order the third one this week. I think there are quite a number of more books still to come (can't remember how many). It is about a single Mom with two kids who lives in the town of Deadwood...along with a motley crew of other characters.  Her kids are a hoot!

4 comments:

Paula said...

Sounds like a good book!

Linda said...

It really is a fun one Paula!

Linda

Lisa said...

Isn't it fun to find just what you're looking for on Ravelry? Love it when that happens! Happy knitting, Linda. :)
xo Lisa

Caffeine Girl said...

That is a great pattern. I'm going to queue it now!