Monday, February 1, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook...

I'm linking up with a simple woman's daybook for the first time!

Today....

Outside my window - it is really cloudy and dreary - but warmish...supposed to rain soon....

I am thinking...about my dental appointment on Wednesday. I have to get my teeth cleaned. I hate getting my teeth cleaned for some reason! I'd rather have a tooth pulled than get my teeth cleaned - go figure!

I am wondering...why, no matter how much newspaper I put down on the floor - my hair color still manages to get on one of the rugs!

I am thankful...that the 30 inches of snow we got last week - is quickly melting - due to the warmish temps we've had since it snowed!

I am wearing...red shorts, a taupe t-shirt - and no shoes.  I'm always too hot in the house - my husband likes the heat on all the time - I prefer it not to be!

I am creating...many many knitted scarves and shawlettes.  One I can't wait to get finished is "Saroyan" - a simple little shawlette - that has leaves all along the border. I'm doing it in a burnt orange shade of yarn.

I am going...nowhere today!

I am wondering...if I will like the new yarn I just ordered online. It is out for delivery and I should have it within the hour!

I am reading...I have tons of books going at one time (tons)...  One I just started and am enjoying (so far) "Dream House". It just came out on the shelves at B & N and I grabbed it. I have a "thing" for books that have a house/home theme!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. I am visiting from the Simple Woman's Daybook. Welcome to the group! I was influenced to join because I enjoyed reading the posts of others. I knit too..I haven't done the Saroyan yet, but it's in queue! Good luck with it. And burnt, wonderful! Hope to see you again!

Paula said...

Yay! I'm glad you are joining in! I solved that hair color problem of getting on the floor....I just stopped coloring it! LOL! Have a happy week!!!

Jodi said...

Oh how I know getting hair color on the floor.... I am always sooo very careful, but always manage to get some on the floor... My hubby liked to kill me the first time I did it after we put in a new floor! Oops! Have a great week!!

Maria's Space said...

This is one of my favorite memes.
I completely understand about the hair dye. It is always all over. My husband colors his goatee and it is always on my counter. UGH

allisamazing said...

I hate dental appointments too and have one I'm not looking forward to next week. Have a great week :)

kathy b said...

Oh I draed having my teeth scraped and prodded! Enjoy your yarn.