Sunday, February 28, 2016

Hitchin' A Ride...


I finished my Hitchhiker on Thursday!  I only did 32 "points" - instead of the 42 called for. I really didn't want to break into my other new skein of yarn (cause I wanna use it for something else)....  It was still a decent length. Then I blocked it - I made it "longer" - but took away a lot of the center "depth" - whaaaa!! So I reblocked it! Still can't get it looking the way it looks in this picture....  So if (and that is a big if) I make another one - I will do more "points" and just spray it and let it dry - with no actual blocking.....

2 comments:

karen said...

gorgeous!! I would have done the same. And now you have extra yarn to make something else :)

Bonny said...

That is a really beautiful Hitchhiker! I certainly understand not wanting to break into the 2nd skein. I've made several Hitchhikers and personally like them large and with lots of points, so I do hope you can get it blocked more to your liking, and wear it happily!