Tuesday, June 5, 2012

You Should Read This Book....

you may end up enjoying it as much as I did!  When I first tried "The Weird Sisters" by  Eleanor Brown awhile back, I couldn't get into it. It was my mood, I'm sure.  I decided to return it to the library, with a mental note to give it another chance one day.   About a week ago, I was wondering around B & N and I saw a hardbacked copy on the bargain table. Just one... and I knew it had been waiting for me. So I decided to give this book another chance - and I'm oh so happy I did!  It is a story about three sisters - Rosalind, who goes by Rose, Bianca (who goes by Bean) and Cordelia (who goes by Cordy).... Unlucky in work, love, and life, the Andreas sisters return to their childhood home. Each has a secret she is unwilling to share - each has come home to lick her wounds.  Oh, and their father, a renowned Professor of Shakespeare communicates almost exclusively in verse....

3 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

Sounds interesting. I may have to look for that.

Susan in SC said...

Isn't it funny how books appeal to us when we are in different moods. I will have to place this one on my list. On my kindle, I am reading Subculture by Charles Anthony Vilina. It's really good.

Betty (Elizabeth) said...

The title of this book really caught my eye as I am one of three "Weird" Sisters. I agree it was a great read!