Thursday, September 17, 2009

Third Time Not the Charm....

I've knitted lots of scarves, done a few shawls, some hats, some felted purses, some dishcloths. I decided I wanted something a bit more challenging. So I tried the 5 hour baby sweater. No real reason to do one - just wanted to try it. Seemed simple enough - even though it does involve putting stitches on three separate holders - doing the sleeves separately and then stitching them up, then going back to the body of the sweater and so on. First try, it turned out whonky. I re-read the directions and realized I had missed a step. That is my story and I'm sticking to it - LOL! Then I tried it again. Got to where you put all the stitches on one needle and start the rest of the sweater. Messed it up again.... Couldn't blame it on the directions this time! Just operator error.... So, yes, I tried it a third time. I got the logistics down, but still had some major mess-ups. Decided there was no point in knitting on it more, so I bound off. Emily, my Cabbage Patch Doll says her new sweater is quite delightful!

1 comment:

Siobhán said...

Emily looks quite fetching in her new sweater. ;)