Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tempting Tuesday.....

All at once Emily let out a yelp and plunged into a tangle of honeysuckle. "George, she cried". "He's fallen over! Damn it, I knew he was unstable!" In some alarm, Diana ran after her and found her struggling to raise, not the fallen body of a man, but a slab of gray stone, shaped and smoothed by human hands.

and....

"Wild roses, Andy said. They were in full bloom along the fence the first time I ever saw this place. Big fat crumpled pink blooms, weighing down the branches - grown wild and rampant, uncared for but surviving somehow for God knows how many years"

If I tempted you to read this book, it is from "Vanish With the Rose" by Barbara Michaels....

1 comment:

Siobhán said...

I love Barbara Michaels' books! I wish she had something new out!