Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy 82nd Birthday Dad!

My Dad doesn't use a computer, so he won't see this, but I wanted to share it with all of you. Today, July 22nd, 2008, is his 82nd birthday! Last year, at this time, he was in the hospital, recovering from quadruple bypass surgery after having a heart attack on July 14, 2007. I'm so glad he will be celebrating it at home this year - or maybe out swimming in the wave pool back at Kings Island in Ohio! This picture was taken at the American Legion in Vienna, Virginia. We stopped by there when my parents were here for a visit. We also went to see the World War II monument in Washington, D.C. right before the official opening. My Dad enjoyed both of these so much. At the big World War II events on the mall in D.C., he "told his story". These stories are being put, eventually, into the Library of Congress.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

Want to add my Birthday wishes to you dad!! I hope he has many, many more!!