Wednesday, December 2, 2015

I Wish I Could Sew!

I love cross-stitching samplers with the word "Ohio" on them!  I've got a couple on my wall right now.  Years ago, I decided to stitch this sampler and then wanted to turn it into a little pillow. As I do not know how to sew on a sewing machine (I've tried, taken lessons - can't do it); and my husband can use a sewing machine, but didn't want to mess my sampler/pillow up, I actually sent it off to my best friend Barb (who is also my former sister-in-law) and who actually lives in Ohio... and she stitched it up for me (using the little piece of fabric I sent her for the back), leaving a little corner open. When I got it back from her in the mail, I stuffed it and bam - a little pillow that I love!

3 comments:

kathy b said...

SO cute. and I LOVe your Santa collection!
I want to sew. I bought a stitched shirt yesterday that is so darling and would make an amazing pillow. Im going to try to hand stitch it I think.

Donna said...

I can't do that sewing thing either. I have a machine and have no clue how to use it. It's on my bucket list. In answer to your question about the little stockings, you can cast on 24 stitches on a circular needle and do magic loop style. That's actually my preferred method. I just broke out the DPNs to see if I still knew how to use them!

Marcia said...

Love the pillow and your Santas!!