The ten on Tuesday topic for this week is to come up with ten sentences that we feel would make good opening lines for a novel.... Here are mine!
1. When the soft rustling sound came behind her again, she realized it wasn't just the wind....
2. Land's sake, what is that thing in the sky?!
3. Her heart fell as the doorbell started to chime over and over again.
4. The scent of roses was overpowering...
5. Come in....
6. The sound of the ticking clock pierced the silence of the room.
7. Secrets can come back to haunt you...no matter how far you run.
8. The old house spoke out loud, but only those who were no longer living could hear it.
9. She slowly blew out the candles and walked upstairs.
10. Now how did my knitting needles get there...?