Saturday, June 27, 2015

Saturday Snapshot.....

A published poet - sort of!!  I've always enjoyed writing poetry and especially Haikus.  Well......

A long long LONG time ago, I wrote this poem....  I think I might have written it for my niece and her Mom (who is my best friend) because they love Halloween...  Fast forward to years ago when my friend in Texas started designing cross-stitch charts.  I sent her my poem. She turned it into a pattern!  She came up with the color scheme and the little added features in the corners. I stitched the model.  When the first one sold, I couldn't get the smile off my face for days, weeks, maybe months!!  I still felt that way every time she told me someone had bought one!  And I still feel that way today every time I look at my framed piece that is here in my house! I'm a published poet now - sort of!!

5 comments:

Claire Justine said...

Aww what a lovely idea :)

Vicki said...

What a cute poem! Good job!!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

You are definitely a published poet. And you've probably made lots more from your poem than most poets ever do!

Lovely!

Tammy said...

I bought one! It's not stitched yet, but maybe this year? :)

kathy b said...

I Love your Halloween poem. How great to see it stitched up and framed !!! Id smile too