Tuesday, December 30, 2014

My Day.....(shamelessly stealing from another blogger's idea)....

Outside my window...there is a soft blue sky - the sun is shining - the wind is gently blowing - and it is a tad chilly....

I am thinking...that it doesn't feel any different to turn 65 today...

I am thankful... to be turning 65... the alternative leaves a lot to be desired - LOL!

I am wearing - the black sweater I had on earlier when we went out to the mall - and an old pair of taupe pants...

I am creating.... oh, so many knitted scarves of various styles!

I am wondering...if I'll be able to eat dinner out tonight - just not all that hungry!

I am reading.... tons of books!  I always have at least 25 or more going at one time. And I bought some more new ones today!

I am hoping....that the coming year will be peaceful - and filled with unexpected (but good) moments....

I am looking forward to...going out to the yarn shop tomorrow to buy some yarn to start another scarf!

One of my favorite things is....is finding out that my niece Sara is knitting her very first scarf! Wish we were closer so we could knit together!







 

me thinks I need to do a root touch up - ha!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I wish we were closer also. Miss you and love you.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Happy birthday, Linda!

Janet said...

Happy birthday, Linda. I need a root touch up too! I turn 65 in 2015. But as you said...it is better than the alternative. There is a great book (YA I think) called Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. A 16 year old girl dies and goes "elsewhere" (heaven?) and there your age decreases until 0 when you are born again on earth. Interesting idea.

But don't worry about the roots. Enjoy your day.