Friday, July 18, 2014

Walking Around My Block...

I've taken a walk around this same block between 4 and 7 times a week - for as long as we've lived here. Which is 1978....  One time I will turn right when I leave my house - and the next time, I will turn left.  Our street is a loop with two entrances - and is a mile long. It is a nice mix of flat and hilly...  You would think I would get bored walking this same walk every time - but for some reason, I never have.... come along with me for a bit...

I'm going to go right today..... are you with me?


Now we are starting up a gentle slope. Okay, it is getting a bit steeper as we go along - stay with me!

 
 Ahhh a bit of shade - can you feel the coolness?

 

I'm not sure what this bush is called, but I love looking at it each time I go by. Watch out - the big bees like it too!


This used to be the biggest old beautiful tree. But sadly, for some reason, this year, it died... I was so sad when I saw them cutting it down. I actually wanted to go over and hit the people doing it!  But I restrained myself! I know you would have helped me do it tho! LOL!



Ahhh, we are back home... Now for a big glass of water!  And join me again the next time!

6 comments:

Susan in SC said...

Linda - such a nice walk. That bush is called a Chaste Tree. I have one next to the house and it will grow quite tall if allowed. It is one of my favorite plants.

Susan in SC said...

Linda - such a nice walk. That bush is called a Chaste Tree. I have one next to the house and it will grow quite tall if allowed. It is one of my favorite plants.

Margaret said...

We saw that same plant with the long stem of flowers in Central Park the other day. I wonder what it is? Looks like a nice walk! Oh, I see the commenter before me says what it is. Interesting!

Maryannwrites said...

Enjoyed your walk around the block. I, too, walk in the mornings and take the same route every day. I don't tire of the scenery as it does change subtly from day to day. Sometimes the crane is in the pond in the hay meadow across the road. Sometimes he's not. Sometimes the old dead tree looks like a buzzard motel because a flock of them are roosting there.

Maryannwrites said...

Sorry about the double comments. Didn't see the first one, so I thought I'd goofed, especially when I tried to leave the page and Blogger told me I wasn't finished. Now this makes three. Sigh....

Linda said...

Maryann!

So glad you enjoyed my walk around the block! And happy to hear someone else never tires of taking the same route. As you say - things always change just a bit each time...

Linda