Friday, September 13, 2013



This is my "Jaywalker scarf" (pattern on Ravelry)... Or at least this is what it looked like when I took the picture. I messed up the scarf after that and had to start over - aghhhh!  Anyway, she used six different colored skeins of Koigu sock yarn.  I decided to just use the two different colored skeins I already had here at the house. For one, switching back and forth with two colors is all I can handle. And two - six skeins would cost about $90.00 or more!  With a bout of double vision (still going on) - I'm not knitting as much - and when I do, it is for short bursts of time during the day and evening.  But then again, slow and steady gets the worm!  It doesn't help though that I had to start the scarf over again!!!  Oh, if you decide to knit this, make sure when you slip the two stitches, slip them together (at once)... Otherwise I found (or maybe it is just me) that the holes and little loopy rows don't match up....

4 comments:

Susan in SC said...

How pretty! Looks like a lot of work!

Marcy said...

The 2 colors look great. Your chinook shawl is gorgeous! I love that color of pink.

Knitting Diva said...

Your scarf colors are beautiful! I made a pair of Jaywalker socks a while back and remember what a fun pattern it was. I agree with you regarding this project knitted with more than 2 colors! I would never wrap my mind around that!
Cheers! Dawn

Knitting Diva said...


Love the jaywalker pattern and your color selection! I agree that 2 colors are enough. Cheers! Dawn