Friday, February 8, 2013

Knitting in Color....

Today was an overcast, chilly, rainy/sleety day. What better time to knit a bit on this color filled scarf... I was never a fan of orange until I started knitting years ago.  Now I love it! The orange in this scarf reminds me of sunsets over the ocean, creamsicles and fruity drinks with tiny umbrellas...
The yarn is Rowan Colourscape Chunky in "Candy Pink"...  I'm using size 11 needles. I cast on 13 stitches and am doing a K1, P1 stitch - ending with K1 (just do that over and over - easy peasey)...

4 comments:

Susan in SC said...

Love this! I like this pattern too - it's perfect for a scarf.

Susan in SC said...

Orange is a pretty color! I love this scarf and the pattern. This is my 2nd comment. I am not sure the first one went through.

Tammy said...

That's really pretty! I'm not usually a fan of orange, either, but this is a nice, soft color and really goes well with the other colors of the scarf. It'll be fun to wear - are you keeping it?

Linda said...

Thanks Tammy. I would love to keep it, but it is a bit on the "itchy" side - and wider and heavier than I like my scarves... So I will probably give it away. The yarn is now going into "pinks" and then it will go into some blues and greens!

Linda