Monday, December 31, 2012

Birthday Fun!

There is nothing like shopping with "free money".  My husband and I went to my favorite little town of Occoquan yesterday for my birthday and before we left home, he gave me $200.00 to shop with!  Let's just say, I didn't come home with much left in my pocket - LOL!  I got the cutest scarf (see picture).  It is little "yo yo's" stitched together.  It was pricey, and I hesitated for quite awhile - but it was too unique to pass up. I wore it today and got lots of compliments!  I also went to a neat store called Salt and Pepper. She sells cookbooks, fiction and mystery books that are "food themed", small kitchen/cooking items - puzzles that are food themed.. well, you get the picture. I bought a non-fiction book called "Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant".  I read this a long long time ago.  Wanted to "revisit" it as I enjoyed it back then... On to another cute shop where I bought two candles - in neat glass jars.  One is shaped like a snowman with the lid being his "hat"(just realized he is in the picture too)! One is cranberry/orange scented and the other is sugar cookie scented. Yummmo!!!  I went to ANOTHER shop I love and got a cute little christmas tree and some sweet little lights to put on it. A stop on the way home for chinese food and the day was done.  Enjoyed it immensely!  The whole time we were walking/running around the town, the wind was blowing so hard and it was super cold - but I loved it!

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

What a pretty scarf! Love the snowman. I think I have the same pumpkin candle as you!