Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


On December 30th, I celebrated a milestone birthday - who is sixty - oh, it tis me! I spent it shopping in my favorite town of Occoquan - buying birthday gifties for me me meeee!!
Spent New Year's Eve playing a couple games of backgammon with my husband, watching a movie, eating pizza - and then watching the ball come down in New York City - ringing in 2010! I communed a bit with my Christmas tree, as I do every New Year's Eve - and then said good-bye to it until next year - and turned off the pretty lights....
Today - January 1, 2010 - the tree is down.... I've strung up a strand of Christmas lights - as I do every January 1st - wrapping them around a little table I have on my hearth. That way, I still have a bit of Christmas with me for a few more months....
I wish you all good things for this coming year!

4 comments:

Susan in SC said...

Happy New Year Linda and Happy Birthday. I always like to leave up some lights for a little while longer each year. Christmas just comes and goes too quickly!

Nancy said...

Happy New Year, and a very Happy Birthday to you! Your New Year's Eve sounds like ours, and I love your tradition of wrapping lights around a table. Lovely idea!

Siobhán said...

Happy birthday and happy new year!

Nan said...

Hey Linda, a belated happy birthday to you from your old email pal, Nan! I love your lights idea. I had some lights on a big plant until recently. Need some new ones. I love the way they give off the nicest little glow.