Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Stitching samplers...

I adore stitching samplers. Some of my favorite themes are the ones with houses and alphabets on them. I just bought two new ones that are so sweet. One is by Midsummer Night Designs. It is called "Forget Me Not". One of the reasons I love it is because of the saying on it "Forget Me Not, Forget Me Never, Let My Work Give Joy Forever". Another reason I like it so much are the colors and the symbols on it - especially the hearts - a favorite of mine on designs I do. The other chart that caught my eye lately is "When This You See" by Blackbird Designs. It has a house on it - and a heart symbol. But one of the things I like the most about it is the passage "when this you see, remember me" is spelled out in the grass in front of the house. I like things that are a bit "different" like that. Or when the alphabet is "laid out" in a different manner - such as in a dress (like it is in one of the designs from Carriage House Samplings. I'm always on the lookout for that type of thing. Anyway, if you would like to see Forget Me Not and When This You See, you can find them at 123stitch.com

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I share your love of samplers and especially alphabets and houses. I will look forward to seeing some of your stitching progress as you got some nice things for your birthday.
Thanks for being such a supportive friend. I am not bothered about the email I received from the designer any longer. I was when I first read it but decided I had to rise above it BUT I am not placing a photo on my blog and doing free advertising for someone like that.

Hugs ~
Heidi