Thursday, December 11, 2008

A day off....fa la la la....


Yesterday, I took the day off and went to my favorite little town of Occoquan to visit the quaint country shops they have there. I had a great time wandering around looking at everything. The shops look so sweet at this time of the year - all decked out in their Christmas finery - with lighted candles in the windows and trees sparkling inside. I got five "fat quarters" of fabric at the quilt shop. I'm hoping to turn some of my cross-stitch finishes into little pillows. I just love the ones I picked out! Then I got the two candle holders. The one on the right, is pewter - and is holding a primitive "battery operated" candle. I saw this one a few weeks ago, but didn't get it. Was so excited to see it was still there! The one on the left is holding a skinny striped candle. I have tons of these candles - can't even remember where I got them. But I decided it was time to start burning them! I also found the little "believe" sign, and the adorable snowman ornament! Then I went to the cross-stitch shop and picked up two holiday charts. I'm finding that lately, I'm really drawn to charts that have the word Christmas in them or winter or holiday or Noel - well, you get the picture - LOL! I also picked up 3 pieces of linen from the scrap basket. When in Occoquan, I stopped at the little restaurant and got a cup of chili and a roll and some water. Then I sat at my favorite table that is by the window and looks out on the street scene. And just munched down and enjoyed the view! A nice relaxing day! Can't wait to go back soon!

No comments: